Development Project Manager
The Development Project Manager will plan, establish, and manage development projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and outsourced development groups of assigned projects. This person synchronizes the efforts of the development team with our clients and minimizes any obstacles that may arise on projects.
- Manages assigned projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, outsourcing and staffing.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports.
- Builds and maintains a reliable relationship with clients and team members.
- Employs strong organizational skills and takes a very organized approach to all projects.
- Maintains highest quality of deliverables.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Thorough understanding of development procedures and practices.
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the oil/gas industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Development Stack, Microsoft SQL Server and related software
- Experience utilizing Scrum, Agile Development team, and other related development tools.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science-related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of related project manager experience.
- Preferred experience in upstream oil/gas industry.